At UA, we use building information modeling (BIM) extensively to plan and execute projects and enable our clients to envision their buildings and the construction sequence like never before.
BIM fosters real-time collaboration among project designers, engineers, subcontractors and owners by integrating development and construction from the start of a project. Our Virtual Design and Construction team works with the project designers to create detailed 3-D computer models to coordinate the architect and engineers’ work; create leaner designs; determine schedules; reduce costs; and maximize offsite fabrication. BIM enables us to quickly and precisely:
- Create customized models to meet any project’s facilities management and commissioning needs
- Appraise constructability
- Provide clash detection
- Apply and evaluate value management recommendations
- Support fabrication by the trades, thereby reducing the design phase and increasing productivity, both in the shops and in the field
- Update all documents and drawings